Tuesday 9 March 2010

Wednesday 3rd March 2010. 25 new drawings!

In Shepherd Market, I start to visit shops and the response is quite good. The Latvian/Russian barman in one of the pub models quite seriously for me. He gives me a drink and takes flyers. I look at the entrance to a walk up. I do not have the time to go in and am waiting to find out whether the English Collective of Prostitutes (ECP) will read my letter of introduction and endorse The Drawn Petition. But this is going to take time. Every member of the Collective has to agree.

Westminster Council attempted to evict the sex workers of Shepherd Market on the grounds that they were using residential property for commercial purposes. The ECP helped the sex workers of Shepherd Market defend their right to remain in the flats in a Court case. The Judge found in their favour, there had been no change of use in ten years. Talk of David and Goliath. It is this story that eventually led to the Drawn Petition.

So I do not go into the walk ups, but rush north, collect Bright Eyes from playcentre, throw dinner his way and rush off to a rally outside Holloway Prison in support of the Yarlswood hunger-strikers which the ECP lady told me about. It’s bloody freezing. 25 drawings done in about and hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment