Tuesday 2 March 2010

Friday 26th February 2010. 21 new heads drawn!

Stuck behind computer all day inching the project on, getting into a panic about the overwhelming workload. At 9.45am MI comes down tell me that she and PG have to move out within a fortnight. Have heart attack. Am now likely to be without rent for three weeks and this income was the contingency for the project, some of it already earmarked.

Can’t find bloody front torch. Find among toys. Batteries dead. Change. The bracket for this torch was nicked. Leave for pub on bicycle at 10.30, about two hours late. Roll down hill with torch in mouth.

Friends of The Noodle welcoming and positive about being drawn by their mate’s Mum for radical good cause. The Noodle not yet there. He has known one of these friends since he was eight and the rest since he was eleven. It is lovely to see them like this in their world. I cease feeling grey haired and part from the group to start asking strangers for portraits. There is a group of Architects, pro drawers, decides to level with me, he is flirting. We call it a “draw”.

I always explain the reasoning behind ‘decriminalization.’ Most support it on principle, a few are not clear . One man is very clear that he likes prostitution and has had offers of money for sex and thinks it is good. He is showing off. He agrees to be drawn but only from the back. A pretty woman agrees to be drawn but not to give a contact as she is known in her field. The Noodle points out a friend and says ‘he supports Labour’. They have discussed the issue and his friend clearly disagrees that there should be any liberalization of sex work. I admire him for sticking to his principles. His opinion was deeply rooted.

I keep a sharpener in my pocket, spare pencils and a rubber in my left hand, (even though I working with a pen). I drop 2 pen lids by mistake and cannot see them in the darkness. Ferret around the last drinkers and find one, only to discover I am missing another. My lids are important. Hmph.

Whilst unlocking bicycle I figure out how to save £250. Build telephone box for the exhibition from polystyrene! Budget back on course.

Cycle home at 00.55 after drawing at pub in Camden. No new emails, thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment