Wednesday 24 March 2010

Sunday 14th March 2010

Gorgeous and Bright Eyes have made a monster chocolate cake for mother’s day. It is the first time my role has been honoured on this auspicious day. After cake, NW and I head south to Camberwell for Michael Landy’s Art Bin wrap up party. I draw and draw and there is considerable enthusiasm. I ask a man who is wearing a knitted cap under a trilby whether I might draw him. There is something charismatic about him. He asks what it is for and the says in a traditional cockney accent ‘Sex workers! Yeah. Draw me! That’s amazing. I’m up for this. No one supports the sex workers.’ I ask him what he does and he says he is a Punk musician. I ask his name and he tells me. It is vaguely familiar but I cannot place him. I ask if there is anything I might have heard of his a he reels off a load of names, which mean nothing to me. He gives me his phone number, asking me not to share it, and takes mine. He says he will be in touch. Perhaps the Drawn Petition has a famous friend at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment