Tuesday 9 March 2010

Sat 27 February 2010

We are invited for dinner. There is a HoD from a London college, I tell him about the project and he seems to concur with the decriminalization debate: safety, health etc. But then he tightens, he says he would be against anything that would further normalise the idea of prostitution as something acceptable. He would not want his daughter to do it and anything that would make it easier for girls to go into sex work was to be avoided. I felt as though I was talking in appropriately in polite society, but I am over sensitive. I thought it odd that a senior university teacher did know how common it already is for students to do sex work on the side and given this, was surprised that his primary concern was for prevention rather than safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment