Wednesday 24 March 2010

Sunday 7th March 2010. 44 new drawings. Total drawings 221

Cycle off later than hoped for in the direction of Spitalfields to draw in the swanked up flower market. Get to Cannonbury and notice back tyre is flat. Phone emergency services (aka huz). Gentle and Bright Eyes arrive fifteen minutes later, relieve me of the bike but cannot give me a lift as the car is full. I walk on and thankfully the nearest bus stop has a bus to Liverpool Street. Spitalfields market feels too closely defended, conspicuous security and all spaces taken up. Head for the smokers outside the pub opposite. First models are van drivers from Essex. A plop of pidgeon poop falls directly into the beer of one man. They insist that this is illustrated in the drawing. Draw group from County Durham, one of who is doing an MA in journalism and wants to write article. Inside the pub I spot pretty girl with friend and make request. She is Irish. She says that it is somewhat ironic that I am drawing in The Ten Bells because this was Jack the Ripper ‘s Pub and the pub where the girls he murdered used to hang out. I think I am spot on. She refuses to be drawn because she does not agree with prostitution full stop. I am relieved that we can leave it at this, because I am not trying to change minds I am merely canvassing support. I draw masses of keen people many of whom stop their discussions and sit very nicely for me. Among them is a micro banker who has a cousin in her fifties in Australia who is a dominatrix.

No comments:

Post a Comment