Thursday 25 February 2010

Wed 10th February 2010 Drawings 1-15

Get to Euston in reasonable time (only one hour late). I text MW to let him know ETA. On Flaxman Terrace he phones me. He is not coming! The van clamped. Hell! Now I am going to a party I do not want to go to, where I will probably know no one and no one will say hello cos so many there are aloof. I arrive. I wonder around making polite chat, for quite a long time, with others who seem in similar position. The principle of the dance school gives a speech. And then I meet someone I haven't seen for 27 years. I ask her if I can draw her and the drawing begins. Then suddenly there they are - the class of 1983. What a lovely reunion! First 15 drawings completed. Particularly like MS's who saw someone else and ran to greet them and TH's on a Post-it. "Oh OK” she said, “I'll be your whore"!

No comments:

Post a Comment